Private Duty Nursing
RVNAhealth provides private duty nursing to assist with chronic and routine medical needs and treatments not covered by insurance. Care can be provided in-home or at facilities in southwestern Connecticut. Our private duty nurses are Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses and are employed by RVNAhealth.
What We Offer
Nurses for specific medical care needs such as:
- IV administration
- Wound care
- Respiratory care, including ventilator and tracheostomy care
- Feeding tube care
- Catheter, ostomy and stoma care
- Diabetes care
- Cosmetic or other elective surgery monitoring and recovery
- End of life care
Other general care:
- Medication management, pre-pours, and administration
- Medical assessments and vital sign checks (as needed or recurring to monitor an ongoing condition)
- Accompaniment to medical appointments for advocacy and education
- Medical advocacy with other healthcare providers
- Personal event accompaniment for medical assistance and monitoring
- Training of family caregivers on care routines
Who We Serve
Any person in need of one-time or routine medical assistance for care NOT covered by their insurance.
How We’re Special
- Choosing Private Duty Nursing services from RVNAhealth provides you with seamless access to care from any of our other service lines, should the need arise. From non-medical caregiving, to covered home health skilled nursing, rehabilitation, and hospice services, our nurses can help you to identify and coordinate further services that you or your family may benefit from.
- Founded in 1914 as the District Nursing Association of Ridgefield, RVNAhealth has been in the business of nursing for over a century. Our private duty nurses are experts in their field and are supported by the expertise and knowledge of extensive home health and hospice clinical teams.