Flu & Pneumonia Vaccines
RVNAhealth’s 2021 Flu Vaccine Options
FOUR OPTIONS FOR GETTING A FLU SHOT
In 2021, RVNAhealth is offering flu shots in four easy ways:
At RVNAhealth by Appointment
27 Governor Street, Ridgefield CT
Beginning September 13, appointments are available at the following times.
- Mondays 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thursdays 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
At Your Home (additional fees apply)
Individuals preferring to receive flu and pneumonia shots at home may make appointments with our private nursing team.
Please call 203-438-5555, option 4 for details and to make an at-home appointment.
RVNAhealth Walk-In Community Clinics
See list below or visit our calendar
Please note: RVNAhealth community clinics are walk-in only. No appointments are made. All community clinics listed on this calendar are open to all members of the public.
- September 25 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am at Immanuel Lutheran Church & School
- October 2 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm at Redding Community Center
- October 6 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Bethel Berry School
- October 9 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm at Newtown Middle School
- October 12 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm at Georgetown Fire House
- October 12 @ 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm at Redding Elementary School
- October 13 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am at Bethel Senior Center
- October 16 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at Newtown Middle School
- October 20 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at Joel Barlow High School
- October 20 @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm at New Fairfield High School
- October 25 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at Brookfield Senior Center
- October 26 @ 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm at John Reed Middle School
- November 13 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm at Newtown Middle School
NOTE: In addition to the community clinics listed above, RVNAhealth is also providing flu vaccines at many local senior centers for members only. Please check with your local senior center for dates.
RVNAhealth Drive-Thru Community Clinics
To keep traffic flowing and save time, we encourage you to pre-register by visiting rvnahealth.org. Please CLICK HERE to schedule a time slot. Please note: appointments at drive-thru clinics become available one month prior to the event.
- September 27 @ 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm at RVNAhealth New Milford
- October 2 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at RVNAhealth
- October 18 @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm at Kent Town Hall
- October 23 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm at RVNAhealth
RVNAhealth offers two types of flu vaccine so you can choose the one that is right for you—Quadrivalent for ages 6 months and older or High Dose for ages 65 and older. All vaccines are preservative-free.
RVNAhealth also offers two types of pneumonia vaccines. Prevnar13 and Pneumovax23 pneumonia vaccines are available at office and in-home appointments for individuals age 65+. If you are under the age of 65, a doctor’s prescription is required to receive the pneumonia vaccine.
RVNAhealth follows strict infection control and hygiene practices and has extensive cleaning measures of all equipment and facilities. All treatment rooms have a filtration system to ensure absolute safety. Rooms are cleaned before, after, and between appointments with medical-grade solutions. The RVNAhealth building and organization has been operating throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and have been 100% successful in maintaining a COVID-free facility. Learn more.
We accept the following forms of payment for flu and pneumonia vaccines:
- Medicare Part B
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim
Please note that RVNAhealth is NOT a preferred provider for Cigna, United Healthcare, Oxford, AARP insurance for flu and pneumonia vaccines.
If you do not have a participating insurance plan, payment will be accepted by check or credit card ($45 for regular; $70 for high dose).
Influenza vaccines for all children, age 18 and under, will be provided at no cost regardless of insurance status.
RVNAhealth LOVES FAMILIES
At RVNAhealth, we offer flu vaccines for all those 6 months+, so families can vaccinate together. We also make getting the flu shot a little more appealing for kids 18 and under with cute ice packs (if needed) and band aids, stickers, plus a coupon for a free ice cream compliments of Deborah Ann’s Sweet Shoppe. A sweet reward for a job well done!