The 9th annual RVNAhealth Spelling Bee is being postponed until Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:00pm at the Ridgefield Playhouse. It was originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 18.
As a healthcare organization, RVNAhealth must operate with caution and care. Given the progress of Coronavirus, RVNAhealth is not comfortable encouraging contestants, judges, families, friends and supporters to fill the Playhouse on their behalf next week. Says Theresa Santoro, MSN, RN, CHCA, RVNAhealth President & CEO, “The Spelling Bee is a fabulous event — made more so by generous community spirit and support. We are optimistic that the 2 1/2-month postponement will bring us to a healthier date and allow us all to enjoy it with our usual enthusiasm and energy.”
Many thanks to the RVNAhealth Class of 2020 Spelling Bee contestants*, moderator and judges for their flexibility with the date change. Stay tuned for more details as the event approaches.
Please note: Spelling Bee tickets already purchased will be honored on June 1st. Please write to RVNAhealth with any questions or concerns.
The RVNAhealth Spelling Bee Class of 2020 participants include:
Moderator: Daniela Sikora, Ridgefield Chorale
Judges: Basil Kolani, Ridgefield Academy, 2019 Spelling Bee Champion; Geoffrey Morris, TownVibe/Ridgefield Magazine, 2012 Spelling Bee Champion; Theresa Santoro, RVNAhealth
- Ryan Arconti, Fairfield County Bank
- Annie Cozens, Ridgefield High School and Boys & Girls Club of Ridgefield
- Lieutenant Brian Durling, Ridgefield Police Department
- Edton Ganal, MD, OrthoConnecticut
- Pete Goldstein, Adam Broderick Salon & Spa
- Liz Hartery, Chipman Mazzucco Emerson LLC
- Kyle Martinez, Ancona’s Wines & Liquors*
- Michael McNamara, Ridgefield High School Music Department
- Cindy Merritt, RVNAhealth
- Chris Perry, Ridgefield Guild of Artists*
- Naomi Collinge-Riek, Fit Club
- Sarah Zitnay, Nod Hill Brewery
*Sadly, two of our 2020 Spellers are not currently available to compete on June 1st. Both have earned berths to the 2021 competition and are always welcome on the RVNAhealth Spelling Bee stage.