Home Health Care in Westport CT
There’s a good chance that you or someone you know is dealing with the advanced age of a loved one. While this can be a difficult occurrence to deal with, it isn’t one that you can’t find help with. Many people are turning to in-home healthcare to help care for their elderly loved ones.
How To Find & Hire A Home Health Care Aide, Or Visiting Nurse In Westport Connecticut
In-home health care is needed for the following reasons:
- The patient requires continuous care for a chronic health condition
- The patient requires post-operative care
If either of these apply to someone in your family and you have power of attorney over their medical needs, then it is prudent to begin the process of contracting an appropriate health care company, as soon as possible.
Arranging For Home Visits
The first major step is screening home healthcare agencies so you can find the right fit. You should start this out by researching companies in your area and getting to know them better. After all, the main objective here is to make the best educated decision possible.
Make sure that you don’t just settle for the first agency you interview or like. This process may be taxing but it will be more worthwhile if you take your team. You should do your best to find a company that meets the needs of the family, and your loved one. If done right, the correct company will meet all of your needs.
References And The Right Questions
Make sure that you receive references from the agencies you query. It’s an important step and will give you valuable insight into them. Next, don’t forget to ask them questions. Questions on their care style, how they interact with the patient and so on. Here’s a good list to get you started:
- What specific skills does the agency’s home health providers have to offer?
- Do the providers participate in continuing education courses?
- If the patient isn’t happy with their assigned provider, can they ask for a replacement provider?
- What metrics are used to monitor the patient’s care and medical progress?
- Are the patient’s medications reviewed during the course of treatment?
- On what basis is a treatment plan created?
- How often are treatment plans reassessed?
- Are the health care wishes of the patient included and respected?
- Are the home health providers licensed and insured?
- What specific services are provide beyond in-home treatment?
Connecticut Insurance And Billing Questions
Medicare pays for in-home health care for a short periods of time. For everything else you’ll have to look toward private insurance. And of course, it is important to ensure that the insurance plan is accepted.
Call (203) 438-5555 or use the form below.