Home Health Care in Roxbury, CT
How To Find & Hire A Home Health Care Aide or Visiting Nurse In Roxbury, Connecticut
If you’re a concerned family member and you have power of attorney putting you in charge of a loved one’s health care needs, you will likely need to begin the process of selecting an appropriate health care company. In-home health care will usually be required for the following situations:
- The patient requires continuous care for a chronic health condition
- The patient requires post-operative care
- The patient requires care as they recover from an injury
- The patient requires care as they recover from an illness.
If any of these cases applies to one of your loved ones, you will very likely need to start the process of selecting the right health care company.
Arranging For Home Visits
If this is your first time moving through the process of finding and selecting an in-home health care agency, we have a few tips to pass along to you. A smart thing to do during the screening process is to look at multiple agencies at the same time. Doing this has multiple benefits but it will save time and help you immerse yourself in the process.
In addition, screening multiple agencies at the same time will give you a good idea of what everyone has to offer. And hopefully finding out all of this information will help you take your time with the process. After all this is a decision you are going to be living with for quite some time. This is why it is important to lay a solid foundation here so that you can successfully build upon it later.
This is why it is important that you don’t settle for the first agency that you interview. Whichever agency you intend to go with you should be 100% satisfied with. You deserve an agency that fits the needs of your family and the patient in question.
Naturally, it isn’t easy finding that perfect match, but you can do it with a bit of time and a sound strategy. A big part of the screening process is asking the right questions. We prepared several questions below to help you get started but the best questions will be ones that deal with the specifics of your situation. And don’t be shy about asking questions; if there’s something you need information about, it is better to find out sooner rather than later.
Helpful Health Care Questions
- What specific skills does the agency’s home health caregivers have to offer?
- Do the providers participate in continuing education courses?
- If the patient isn’t happy with their assigned provider, can they ask for a replacement provider?
- What metrics are used to monitor the patient’s care and medical progress?
- Are the patient’s medications reviewed during the course of treatment?
- On what basis is a treatment plan created?
What specific services are provided beyond in-home treatment?
Helpful Insurance And Billing Questions
It is important to know that Medicare pays for in-home health care for a short period of time. And then, usually, private insurance will fill in any gaps that Medicare doesn’t cover.
Call (203) 438-5555 or use the form below.