Home Health Care in Newtown CT
It’s true that the Baby Boomer population continues to age far into their elderly years, and because of this a growing number of concerned family members are being faced with a litany of tough choices. One of these choices will likely be deciding how to handle a loved one’s in-home health care.
How To Find & Hire A Home Health Care Aide, Or Visiting Nurse In Newtown Connecticut
Here are some of the reasons you may be looking for in-home health care.
- A loved one continuous care for a chronic health condition
- A loved one requires post-operative care
- A loved one is recovering from an injury or an illness
Arranging For Home Visits
There are some things to keep in mind even before you start the selection process. The first is the screening process. This is where you gather information through interviews and other means in order to find out the right fit for your family. We suggest screening multiple agencies during this time. It will make the screening process take less time and ultimately will help you become more comfortable with the process.
As you’re going through the screening process it is important not to be too hasty with your decisions. What this means is that you shouldn’t just settle for the first agency that you interview and not even the first one that you like. It’s okay if this process takes some time because it’s important that you get it right. A lot is riding on this choice.
One of the primary things you want to do during the screening process is review the references you receive from the agency. This will let you get to know more about their services and the level of care they offer. All important information to have when you’re trying to decide on a home healthcare agency.
Specific Health Care Questions
The following are some of questions you should ask about specific care, and in-home health care provider protocol:
- What specific skills does the agency’s home health providers have to offer?
- Do the providers participate in continuing education courses?
- If the patient isn’t happy with their assigned provider, can they ask for a replacement provider?
- What metrics are used to monitor the patient’s care and medical progress?
- Are the patient’s medications reviewed during the course of treatment?
- On what basis is a treatment plan created?
- How often are treatment plans reassessed?
- Are the health care wishes of the patient included and respected?
Connecticut Insurance And Billing Questions
Medicare will pay for in-home health care for a short period of time. Usually, private insurance will then fill in any gaps that medicare won’t cover. In addition, private insurance has the ability to pay for care that goes past the period of time that medicare covers.
Call (203) 438-5555 or use the form below.