Home Health Care in Monroe, CT
As our elderly population continues to age, more and more of their concerned family members face making a number of tough decisions on their behalf. Matters of health are one prominent consideration. Today we’ll talk about the challenges and thought processes that go into finding in-home health care on behalf of an elderly loved one.
How To Find & Hire A Home Health Care Aide or Visiting Nurse In Monroe, Connecticut
At the beginning of the selection process, there are some things to make sure you keep in mind. Likely you will begin with the screening process. It’s a tried and true tactic to screen multiple agencies during this process. This will cut down on the length of the screening process and will also help you become fluent in the process.
Of course, the screening process should be taken seriously. This means that you shouldn’t settle for the first agency that you interview, or even the first one that you really like. This process will take sometime and you should do what you can to be sure.
During the screening process it’s important to receive references from multiple sources. This will give you an important insight into the inner workings of each agency you’re screening. It is these insights that can really give you valuable information that you need to make a decision.
Specific Health Care Questions
The following are just a few of the questions you should ask about specific care, and in-home health care provider protocol:
- What specific skills does the agency’s home health providers have to offer?
- Do the caregivers participate in continuing education courses?
- If the patient isn’t happy with their assigned provider, can they ask for a replacement provider?
- What metrics are used to monitor the patient’s care and medical progress?
- Are the patient’s medications reviewed during the course of treatment?
- Are the health care wishes of the patient included and respected?
- Are the home health providers licensed and insured?
- What specific services are provided beyond in-home treatment?
Connecticut Insurance And Billing Questions
Typically, private insurance fills in any gaps that Medicare won’t cover. Also, It’s important to ensure that one’s insurance plan is accepted. This is because Medicare pays for in-home health care for a short period of time. In addition, private insurance can pay for care that goes past the period of time that Medicare covers.
Call (203) 438-5555 or use the form below.