Home Health Care in Darien, CT
It’s true that the baby boomer population continues to get older and older, and as a result their loved ones are faced with making a series of important decisions. Arguably the largest of these decisions is where they will find in-home health care on the behalf of their elderly family members.
How To Find & Hire A Home Health Care Aide Or Visiting Nurse In Darien, Connecticut
Here are the two most common reasons for requiring in-home health care:
- Someone requires continuous care for a chronic health conditions.
- Someone requires post-operative care
- The patient requires care following an illness or an injury
In either case, the concerned family member who has power of attorney over their loved one’s affairs will need to start planning for their eventual in-home healthcare needs.
Arranging For Home Visits
The first step to finding a home healthcare professional is to start screening multiple agencies at the same time. This will give you a good idea of the options ahead of you.
As you embark on the process of selecting a home healthcare agency, there are a few important things to remember. First, you shouldn’t settle for the first agency you interview or prefer. It is important that you find the right agency to meet the needs of your family. The right agency should comprehensively fit your needs.
You should also be sure to ask for multiple references from each of the health care agencies that you interview. By doing this you’ll be able to get a feel for their policies and the type of care they provide.
Specific Health Care Questions
Here are some questions to ask during your screening process. If you have anything to add to them be sure to do so:
- What specific skills does the agency’s home health providers have to offer?
- Do the caregivers participate in continuing education courses?
- If the patient isn’t happy with their assigned caregiver, can they ask for a replacement provider?
- What metrics are used to monitor the patient’s care and medical progress?
- Are the patient’s medications reviewed during the course of treatment?
- On what basis is a treatment plan created?
- How often are treatment plans reassessed?
- Are the health care wishes of the patient included and respected?
- Are the home health providers licensed and insured?
- What specific services are provided beyond in-home treatment?
Connecticut Insurance And Billing Questions
Medicare pays for in-home health care for a short period of time. Typically, private insurance fills in any gaps that Medicare won’t cover. Also, private insurance can pay for care that goes past the period of time that Medicare covers.
With this said, it’s important to ensure that one’s insurance plan is accepted. If the provider bills the insurance company directly, this should be noted as well.
Call (203) 438-5555 or use the form below.