Home Health Care in Brookfield CT
How To Find & Hire A Home Health Care Aide, Or Visiting Nurse In Brookfield Connecticut
Getting to the stage where you are seriously considering home healthcare agencies for a loved one is a big step. And if you’re at this stage you’re likely to have quite a few more questions than answers.
The process of selecting the right home healthcare agency is fairly straightforward but can admittedly take some time, especially when done well. First, you need to screen multiple agencies at the same time. The reason you do this is to get a feel of the process and cover a lot of ground–so to speak. It is crucial that you find the agency that best fits the needs of your family and the loved one in need. If you find the right one you can be sure that they will provide to be the best on all levels.
During this process also be sure to receive multiple references from the agencies you query. These references can make or break an agencies reputation and it’s important that you have them.
Important Care Questions
But what would an interview be without some good questions? These will give you a good idea of what to expect from the company you’re querying. However, this is in no way a comprehensive list and if you have additional questions be sure to ask. You need to be well informed in order to make the best decision available to you and these will provide a good start:
- What specific skills does the agency’s home health providers have to offer?
- Do the providers participate in continuing education courses?
- If the patient isn’t happy with their assigned provider, can they ask for a replacement provider?
- What metrics are used to monitor the patient’s care and medical progress?
- Are the patient’s medications reviewed during the course of treatment?
- On what basis is a treatment plan created?
- How often are treatment plans reassessed?
- Are the health care wishes of the patient included and respected?
- Are the home health providers licensed and insured?
- What specific services are provide beyond in-home treatment?
Call (203) 438-5555 or use the form below.