Home Health Care in Washington CT
As we continue to see astounding advances in medical science, it is only natural that our average life spans continue to grow. With this growth comes new questions and challenges. When it comes to the care of our elderly loved ones it can be difficult to find a way to see to their health needs in a way that is effective and comforting to them. That’s why so many people turn to in-home health care. Finding the right home health care agency can be challenging for some which is why we’ve put together this page to offer some guidance.
How To Find & Hire A Home Health Care Aide, Or Visiting Nurse In Washington Connecticut
If someone you know requires in-home health care it will likely be for the following:
- The patient requires continuous care for a chronic health condition
- The patient requires post-operative care
- The patient is recovering from an illness or an injury
In these cases, family members that have power of attorney over their loved one’s health care requirements will need to begin the process of contracting a qualified health care company, based upon the following criteria:
Arranging For Home Visits
If you’re starting the process of finding an in-home health care agency it would behoove you to keep several things in mind. First, we like to suggest screening multiple agencies at the same time. This will help you save time and get a good sense of the options available to you.
Also, we can’t stress enough that you shouldn’t settle for the first agency that you interview, or even one that you’re not absolutely satisfied with. Whichever agency you settle on should fit the needs of your family and the patient
While it is true that finding an agency that’s a perfect fit for all of your needs can be difficult, it really is something worth striving for. In order to increase your chances of finding the right agency we suggest asking for references from each company. By going through these references carefully you can make a good decision.
Specific Health Care Questions
Here are a few questions to help you along during the query process:
- What specific skills does the agency’s home health providers have to offer?
- Do the providers participate in continuing education courses?
- If the patient isn’t happy with their assigned provider, can they ask for a replacement provider?
- What metrics are used to monitor the patient’s care and medical progress?
- Are the patient’s medications reviewed during the course of treatment?
- Are the health care wishes of the patient included and respected?
- Are the home health providers licensed and insured?
- What specific services are provide beyond in-home treatment?
Call (203) 438-5555 or use the form below.