Philips Lifeline Medical Alert Service through RVNAhealth
Independence, Security, and Peace of Mind
Living independently at home is extremely important to many seniors. Through our many services and programs, as well as our partnership with Philips Lifeline medical alert system, RVNAhealth makes the choice to live at home a secure and responsible one.
Easy-to-use and unobtrusive, Philips Lifeline has offered peace of mind to seniors and their families for over 40 years by allowing users to access help when they need it with just the press of a button.
When to Consider a Personal Medical Alert Device?
- For seniors living alone or alone for significant periods
- A fall has occurred or there is a history of falls
- There are mobility issues or weakness
- Physical limitations cause ongoing worry
- There is no one nearby to help
- Medication(s) with side effects are being taken
- To provide peace of mind for fires or personal safety
Philips Lifeline Options
All buttons are waterproof and provide 24/7 access.
Philips offers three options:
- HomeSafe Standard: for use inside of the home, users can access help with the push of a button when they choose to. Button comes with the option to wear it on the wrist or around the neck. Landline access only.
- HomeSafe with AutoAlert: for use inside of the home, help is accessed when the user pushes the button or when the Lifeline system detects a fall. This added layer of fall detection is crucial in the event that the user is unable to push the button. Button must be worn around the neck. A landline or wireless option is available.
- GoSafe 2 with AutoAlert: for use both inside and outside of the home – whether that’s the backyard, the supermarket or even on vacation. GoSafe 2 with AutoAlert accesses help when the user pushes the button or when the system detects a fall. This GPS-enabled pendant is a good choice for those with an active lifestyle. Button must be worn around the neck.
For detailed product information for each of these options, click here to download the PDF ››
RVNAhealth volunteer and Ridgefield local, Chris Robertson, has worn her GoSafe with AutoAlert every day since March 2015. With children as far reaching as North Carolina, Maryland and Thailand, “I never take it off,” says Robertson. “We don’t have to worry this way. If I need help, it’s right there.”
How Lifeline Works
Getting help is easy. At the push of your pedant button, or by Auto Alert, a call for help can be placed. You are connected immediately to a trained Lifeline™ Response Center associate – with access to your profile – who can assess the situation and seek appropriate help, be it a designated neighbor, family member, or emergency assistance. Lifeline’s unique Auto Alert feature can detect a fall and will signal for help when you cannot. If you do not respond in 30 seconds, emergency personnel will be notified.
Why Philips Lifeline with RVNAhealth: Features & Benefits
Free Personalized Set up & Installation
- RVNAhealth comes to your home to install the system and teach you how to use it. Together you learn the best location to put the unit, test the range of use, set up who will be notified, and adjust the volume so it is personalized for you.
- You become comfortable with the product and how it works. This is also a good for you to ask any questions you may have.
- No long-term contract.
- Pay month to month.
- Cancel with 30 days notice.
- No need to buy expensive equipment. RVNAhealth loans it.
Trust and Confidentiality
- Philips Lifeline is the No. 1 medical alert service trusted by hospitals and healthcare professionals and is a national company with over 40 years of experience.
- RVNAhealth is a trusted source with over 100 years of local home care.
- You can trust that your personal information is safe.
Battery Replacements and Service Calls
- RVNAhealth is notified of a low battery or power outages.
- Our staff will come out to replace batteries for you, ensuring worry-free maintenance. Battery replacements are done free of charge!
Support in the Hospital
An RVNAhealth Navigator will work with you if you are in the hospital to set up plans to get you back home safely as soon as possible.
- Emergency responders are only sent if there is no response from you or if you respond and request that help be sent.
- You choose what kind of help you need, whether it is a neighbor, family member or ambulance.
Live Person 24/7
- Help is always available. Trained and certified Lifeline staff will come on the line to talk with you. They will stay on the line until help arrives.
- Calls are answered in an average of 30 seconds.
- The response center can respond in over 170 languages.