Home Health Care in Trumbull, CT
With people living longer today than ever before, it’s likely that you or someone you know is dealing with a relative in the later stages of life. This can be a challenging time for an individual and their family as health concerns arise and physical well being begins to decline. Many people are now turning to in-home health care to assist in caring for their elderly loved ones. About 35% of all households in Trumbull have a relative in the home that is 65 or older. At this latter point in life, which comprises over 18% of all of Trumbull’s residents, health issues or complications may arise.With these complications the need for in home assistance may arise. However, most people cannot afford to stay home to assist their loved one and may need to look for a home health care aide.
How to Find and Hire a Home Health Care Aide or Visiting Nurse in Trumbull, Connecticut
In-home health care may be needed for a variety of conditions.
- If a loved one is suffering from a chronic health condition that requires continuous care.
- If a loved one needs post-operative care.
- If a loved one is recovering from an injury.
- If a loved one is recovering from an illness.
Arranging for Home Visits
Selecting the right healthcare agency may seem like a daunting task but if you are diligent and ask the right questions you will find the best care for your loved one. The first step is to research and screen the agencies in your area to find the right fit.
Don’t settle for the first agency that you interview or even the first agency that you like. Put the time in to find the perfect agency for your loved one, after all, you know what is best for your loved one and what the best fit for your situation will be.
It’s not easy to find the right agency but by taking the time and interviewing as many agencies as you can you will find the one that fits your needs and situation.
Health Care Questions to Ask
The following are the type of questions that in-home health care screeners should ask about specific care, and in-home health care provider protocol:
- Are the in home health providers licensed and insured?
- What specific skills and services does the agency provide?
- How does the agency create a treatment plan?
- How often is the treatment plan updated?
- Do the in home providers participate in continuing education courses?
- How does the agency measure patient progress?
- How often are the patient’s medications reviewed?
- Are the health care wishes of the patient included and respected?
- Are there any services beyond in-home treatment that the agency provides?
- If the patient isn’t happy with their assigned provider for any reason can they request a replacement?
Connecticut Insurance and Billing Questions
Medicare covers short term in-home health care but for situations that will require long term in-home health care private insurance will be needed. Before hiring an agency ensure that they accept your insurance and know exactly what your plan will cover.
Call (203) 438-5555 or use the form below.